Preaching Etiquette: 'Stop Narrating How You Slept Around In The Past' - Naijahiblog.com

Naijahiblog.com

Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Technology, Fashion Updates And More.

Afriad

Loading...

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Preaching Etiquette: 'Stop Narrating How You Slept Around In The Past'

There should be a limit to what a preacher says about his past life especially while preaching.
When a preacher says
"back in the days, I slept around with my mother's mates"
"I used to be a serial fornicator and rapist"
"I was a murderer and a burglar " etc

Really? And you're proud of such acts? I think that clearly is the height of ecclesiastical insensitivity.

Such unguarded statements has the tendency of poking unhealed wounds in the hearts of some of your listeners , opening you up to temptations and easily making you a victim of extended hatred.

You're called to be a healer, not a killer.

source http://www.nairaland.com/5954754/preaching-etiquette

No comments:

Post a Comment