What Is The Implication Of Not Upgrading Your Sim To 4G? - Naijahiblog.com

Naijahiblog.com

Entertainment, Politics, Sports, Technology, Fashion Updates And More.

Afriad

Loading...

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

What Is The Implication Of Not Upgrading Your Sim To 4G?

I Tried to make the post very brief.

I got an SMS a month ago from my service provider MTN, to upgrade my sim to 4G. I didn't bother cause I already have another MTN 4G sim. Secondly I don't use my MTN sim for internet.

But prior to that I found out that the name of the sim owner wasn't mine. Was surprised caused I registered the Sim myself about 8 yrs ago. And I've been using the sim since, though there was a time I didn't use it for a month or two.

Then on Thursday last week. I got a seven days waiver to upgrade my sim. I went to their office for an upgrade on Friday but there were lots of people waiting to be attended before me. I couldn't wait so I left. Along with the SMS, there's a link for home upgrade, Incase you can't go to an MTN office. I filled out the form that Friday at home but I got same SMS 48hrs later, reminding of the wavier (which I think means the form was insignificant).

I went again today very early to MTN office in my location. Wrote down my name (no.19), but unfortunately people with long legs kept jumping queue. So that delayed me from being attended to. I left, due to a business trip by 10am. But not certain if I would have the opportunity to visit an MTN office before the end of the waiver.

Here's the problem:

I would've ignored the upgrade if the sim wasn't linked to many of my bank accounts, social media, academia. etc And knowing the sim is with a different name, what are the implications?.
I don't know if my sim would be banned or not after the 7days waiver expires on Thursday?.

I brought this here, because I know there are people who have experienced the same issue before.

source http://www.nairaland.com/6261242/what-implication-not-upgrading-sim

No comments:

Post a Comment